Biolase® Laser Dentistry helps avoid the use of traditional surgery and sutures by utilizing specialized lasers that provide minimally invasive, patient-friendly procedures that cause less trauma to the tissues and reduce healing time.
Emitting a beam of concentrated light that acts as a cutting instrument, dental lasers are used for many procedures such as periodontal procedures, removing areas of tooth decay, biopsies or the removal soft tissue lesions and ulcers.
Some additional benefits lasers have over traditional methods include:
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster treatment time
- Increased rate of retention of implants
- Reduced damage to healthy tissues
- Minimal post-operative swelling and discomfort
- Fewer infections or post-operative complications